Start Date: 01-12-2015
End Date: 01-12-2017
The project aims to contribute to exchange of practices and the creation of a favorable environment to encourage and enable youth workers to pursue social entrepreneurship in their local and global communities. In a period when Europe and its neighbors face an economic crisis that has increased levels of youth unemployment and reduced youth participation in the labor market, the projects aims at promoting social entrepreneurship as a sustainable way in addressing these challenges.
Indeed entrepreneurship and self-employment could help young people to develop key competences, to respond to emerging social needs and fully participate in society and economy development.The overall goal is to engage youth workers and young people in social entrepreneurship, as ambassadors of sustainable development and growth in their local and global communities.
- To equip and support youth workers and young people with knowledge, key competences and tools related to social entrepreneurship and social innovation that are needed to turn entrepreneurial ideas into social start-ups, with a view to tackling challenges and problems identified within their communities.
- To exchange experiences and practices related to social entrepreneurship and social innovation among organizations active in the youth field from different social and cultural contexts in Europe.
- To develop a better understanding of this emerging field through non-formal education approaches on social entrepreneurship.
- To foster cooperation and build new opportunities for further collaboration on social entrepreneurship between organizations active in the youth field from different EU countries.
Youth workers who have an interest in social entrepreneurship & local community development.
A wider audience of new young entrepreneurs reached through the dissemination and exploitation of the project results and outcomes.
- Research on analyse on how various conceptualizations and legal framework related to social entrepreneurship in Europe and in the participating countries.
- Developed and tested innovative non-formal training modules on social entrepreneurship targeting young people.
- Open learning portal on social entrepreneurship, including the learning modules developed and tested during the project.
Short-term training courses:
“Social Cultural Entrepreneurship, venue: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Project Management: Turning Needs Into Social Start-Ups”, venue: Caltanissetta, Italy
“Sense Of Initiative And Entrepreneurship”, venue: Cascais, Portugal
Multiplier events are foreseen in Italy, Portugal, Romania, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Spain.
- N.84 youth workers equipped with knowledge, tools and key competences related to Social Entrepreneurship and non-formal education.
- A wider audience of youth workers and young people from different local communities in Europe involved through the open learning portal
- Improved understanding of the social entrepreneurship phenomenon and its potential in the youth field and non-formal education in Europe.
- Increased cooperation, networking and professional exchange in the field of youth and social entrepreneurship between local authorities, universities and not-for profit organizations at transnational level.
PRISM - Promozione Internazionale Sicilia – Mondo, Italy
Società Consortile Rocca di Cerere, Italy
Consulta Europa Projects And Innovation, Spain
Stichting Hogeschool Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Freguesia de Cascais e Estoril, Portugal
Vilniaus Kolegija Lithuania